Sunday, February 16, 2014

Birthday. Interior design. Rake.

Hi there special friends. 

I'm exhausted so am blogging from mobile phone whilst watching weird doco on Star Trek. ALso have to speed type because now Rake is on any minute and I love it hard. Please excusr any tuopos I mean typos. Also if you are on my Instagram you will have seen all this so feel free to go and do your nails or pack kids lunches or whatever.

Will write in succinct fashion to facilitate express communication of concepts.


Baby B turned 2. Such a darling. Made him choccie cupcakes for playdate and kindy. Not success as B not a fan of icing. I KNOW. He refused to eat my lovingly prepared sugary delights and scoffed 3 pieces of my friend's plain and low sugar banana cake. GUTTED! I wonder where he came from sometimes.
Sooo...because of his predilection for banana cakes, I made him one for his fambly arvo tea party. Shoved Smarties on and candles into cream cheese frosting. He scraped his icing off. Also didn't eat the Smarties. WTF HE IS A CHANGELING CHILD. The faeries surely swapped him at birth.
We drank champers and Pimms at the arvo tea party because that's what you do at kids parties right?? Well I do anyway. For the moment at least.
Wore this dress at his party. Stinking hot day. Actually bought it in Melbourne the other weekend on equally stinking day. Is Quick Brown Fox. Shop was next to hotel. Convenient. Covers my lumps and bumps. Nice pattern. I likee.

Went for drinks with my blogging lady kindy person friends. Here is FF. Got to meet lovely Nikki from Styling You. Was starstruck. I talked a lot. Couldn't drink much because driving. As usual. Pfft.

Wore this dress at some point. Is Sacha Drake. Was got from Op Shop for a few bob. SUCH A SCORE.
Have also been styling my house up with weird op shopped things. See those paintings? Guess how much they cost me!? NO IT WASN'T A MILLION DOLLARS! I AM SERIOUS! IT WAS ONLY $2 per piece! I KNOW! One of the regulars at the op shop did them and gave them to the volunteers to sell, because her family didn't want them. M hates them with a passion.  A passion I tell you. I like them.
Got this ice cream the other day because Maggie Beer's burnt figgy thingo one was too dear. But I regretted it. This was poo. Sorry but I tell it how it is, people.



 Other things of note include;

- The swimming teacher felt the need to ask me if Benji went to kindy, because sometimes when she asks him to do something, he says "no no!" and blows a raspberry at her. She wondered where he would pick that habit up from. Last time I checked you couldn't pick up "being 2 years old" from kindy. Geez lady. Anyway I told her he got it from me because when my husband asks me to do something I too shout "no no!" and blow raspberries. I think she believed me.

- I would like to keep up my crocheting lessons but it is not appealing in this heat. Ugh. Can't stand the idea of the wool all over me AGH. But one of the ladies at my favourite op shop brought me in some new crochet needles and some patterns and beginners stuff. THE LOVELY THING! I was so touched.

-  I am panicking that I don't feel prepared for the beginning of uni which is not this week but next. So panicked. Am working 4 days this week too. One hand - good cos money. Other hand - bad cos work and also panicking about uni things and I think this week is O week so I should try and go and gahhh. Need to spend quality time getting to know the online Blackboard thingie that they put all the INFORMATION on these days. Feel like dinosaur. Must. Get. On. Top. Of. Tech.

-  Am sick of summer and am praying for rain. Our garden is DEAD as a DODO except for all the blasted weeds which would obviously survive a nuclear winter. 

Anyway have to go because RAKE!

So what have you been doing? Do you watch Rake? I do! It's good! You should get on board with it!

Cheerio.

SDM. 

30 comments:

  1. Lol NS, where to begin? Lovely to see you whatever and I love, LOVE that Sacha Drake dress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love it too. Have got some great summer frocks this year for tuppence!

      Delete
  2. luff the colourful dress and cakes but how could I have missed the CROCHET PART??? have been doing same today! So happy you are on the band wagon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprisingly easy! Cannot handle it in very hot weather though...ughh....will start again when humidity is less than 250%.

      Delete
  3. First LOVE Rake, although that is compulsory for me because husband is a lawyer. Also you are looking a bit hot in that Sacha Drake dress lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thanks I have been trying to lose some weight but it is bloody hard going. Rake was so sad tonight :-(

      Delete
  4. Look at you in Sacha Drake! So hot right now!
    You need to have your op shop lady friends put aside future Sacha Drake pieces for you.

    I must side with M on op shop art…we have three pieces in our house that R has brought home and I hate them all. The last time I did a big clean I moved them out to the front yard…sadly no one took them before R got back home. Now they are up on the wall.

    I agree with you about the heat and humidity…it is just too much…but I think February always gives us one last horrid blast and then summer is over.

    I can give you a quick BB tutorial if you need.
    Have you been practicing your young person speak? Totes mos def? Obvi. And so on and so forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My young person speak is rusty. Should I go to a toga party?? Am tempted. ..

      Delete
  5. Love, love the dresses! D doesn't eat icing either. Although he insists that all cakes have it and then proceeds to either wipe it off or just not eat that bit of the cake. Strange, strange children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, soooo strange. Unnatural!! Didn't get it from me that's for sure!!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely frocks. Op shop bargains are awesome. You are working the uni student aesthetic which is a sure sign you'll be just fine next week. I love Rake, but very sad ending tonight. Unless Cleaver takes on the producers of Aussies Gotta Sing and sends them down for their evil deeds. But he probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I mentioned on instagram I adore your black and white skirt - love all teh baking but especially love your artful bargains! I love art of most kinds and I think you will catch the bug and constantly look for more! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a Rake addict. But since analogue TV was switch off, our ABC doesn't work! WT? I never wanted PayTV but will have to et it so I can watch ABC. My sis-in-law texted meto say it was a shock. Can I close my office door and watch it at work today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watched it last night. Too sad. Hope there's something to laugh at next week.

      But sometimes I think I am watching news about the previous Labor NSW govt. Corruption, dodgy deals... Seems close the factual.

      Delete
  9. Dear God Richard Roxburgh is hawt! and so are you! I am so jealous that you are having champagnes with Faux Fushia. Meanwhile how could Kangaroo Island honey with fig ice cream be poo?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mainly the figgy bits, they were too....figgy.

      Delete
  10. The dresses and the cakes look great. I like the paintings too. All the cool people seem to be doing crochet these days. I think about doing it for two seconds then go - nahhh, not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto uni panic. I left accepting my uni offer until last night which means I too have 2 weeks to:
    a) learn to navigate online platform thingy
    b) try to get back into the uni mindset which has been left to gather dust in the back of my brain since 2004
    c) create some sort of schedule that will actually facilitate me doing the necessary course work and passing the bloody exams
    NO I'M NOT PANICKING AT ALL GAHHHHHH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on the oppy shop finds.
    I am doing a PhD and the puter is the bane of my life sometimes.
    luff rake.
    Cilla x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puter and photocopier at work are my enemies. I feel like they are laughing at me.

      Delete
  13. Oooh love your Sasha Drake! So expensive to buy new so what a fab bargain. I know what you mean about not being able to crochet in the heat. I love to knit and crochet and start up my new projects around April. Then if they're not finished by November (they never, ever are) then they get put away for the next winter. Things don't get done that quickly around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, it really is a winter hobby!! The weather has been HIDEOUS!

      Delete
  14. yes I watch Rake ..glad the cleaver is out of jail

    gosh you look SO SLIM ..gather the 5.2 diet ..sorry lifestyle plan..is going well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the photos are a bit deceptive, have only lost teeny bit because keep overeating on non fasting days. ALL THE FOOD!

      Delete
  15. RAKE - LOVE IT LOVE IT! Wish I hadn't missed the first one - must DL it. Yes this humidity crap is very very boring and no good for us big bossomed ladies, ugh, hate sweaty bra cracks :( Looking great in that pic Sarah and that baking YUMMO! Good luck trying to keep on top of it all xx

    ReplyDelete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...