Monday, September 9, 2013

May you live in interesting times.

And don't we just! Live in interesting times, that is.

It's been an eventful week or so.

Last week I was told I was moving to a different team at work, and on the same day I accidentally went to a Trivia Night with Mother Down Under, Housewife in Heels and Faux Fuchsia. The next day I had a post published on Mama Mia, was a bit OVERWHELMED by the broohaha in the comments on said post, had a social media break over the election weekend, voted, watched the votes roll in, and recovered from a weird sinus infection.

I had organised to have today and tomorrow off work for some ME TIME and of course what happened? Baby B has come down with some foul lurgy and is feverish and sad. So no chillaxing for mummy.

Anyway my first foray into being published in the MAINSTREAM MEDIA MAN was a bit freaky, I sent them that post I wrote about going to the movies with P and having an impromptu beauty pageant up the front. It caused some people to lose their proverbial marbles and write some unpleasant things, or just generally disagree with me. Which made me feel EWKY but I decided not to read the comments because meh. I mean,  I was just writing about a thing wot happened and some stuff wot I thought about it. No biggie. Once I got over the shock of the reaction I decided it was very exciting to be published and that was that. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, if you will.

I'm thinking of writing a non-controversial piece next time. You know, like maybe about how paedophiles should be neutered or how all citizens should have the right to bear arms. Or bare arms. Even tuckshop lady ones.

I don't want to UPSET anyone! GOD NO!

*Makes farting sounds*

Anyway, how about that election, eh? I for one welcome our new Red Speedo clad overlord, and would like to remind Brother Abbott  that as a trusted blogging personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in his underground sugar caves.


27 comments:

  1. Where's the link to said post honey. I want to see the hoopla you've apparently caused. I highly suspect it'll cause me a great big belly laugh if people have got their ranty pants on lol.

    But congrats on being published and yes try for. Non-controversial pot next it's great to diversify lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's here http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/impromptu-beauty-pageant/

      People love a good rant. I think they thought I was having a good rant about something they don't care about, but really I was just writing about something that happened, and describing it and my feelings. BOOM! Controversy is my middle name.

      Delete
  2. Yes I want to see all the stupid people in the comments so I can avoid them!
    I think perhaps if you'd like to stick to non-controversial subjects you should discuss something like the wonders of incorporating horse into your family's menu plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An excellent idea!!! Or perhaps I will do one in defence of breastfeeding a teenager. NO CONTROVERSY THERE RIGHT?

      Delete
  3. yes link please ..dont you dare change we need you in blogsphere ....sorry been AWOL for a bit ..the elction you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last sentence... I almost spat out my tea. You're hilarious :)
    Don't let the haters get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from the Simpsons...there's a Simpsons quote for every moment in life don't you know!!

      Delete
  5. How I have missed you Slapdash! Meanwhile you're not a real blogger until you get trolled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I understand a lot of people 'hate read' that site, so they're reading it specifically to be negative and disagreeable. Perhaps practising armpit farts would be a far better use of their time but what would I know? I'm just your biggest bogan fan. Can I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly you may have my autograph! By jove I'm honoured to be asked. It will be in the mail. I wonder if people are hate reading my blog now? I FEEL SO FAMOUS!

      Delete
  7. You're awesome...Nuff said, no wait its not...many of us think things and are too scared to say them out loud for fear of not being 'politically correct'. That's why I love your blog and will tune in wherever you post:) Ok, nuff said now for real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks! I have the best group of readers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Baby B is better now !
    I have been watching, more than slightly amused, at the broohaa happening over the election - it certainly has been an eye opener for me. Lyndal said it right when she asked if it was safe to come out yet !!!
    Congrats on being published - go you !!!!
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is still quite crook poor bub. Thank you for your nice comment! You have a lovely day too.

      Delete
  10. I was reading the comments on that MM post and I am amazed that people take things like this so seriously. Why don't they just read it, nod or shake their heads and Move The Fuck On! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's always a Pooh quote too - (from memory) 'if someone appears not to have heard you, be patient, it may simply be that he has a little fluff in his ear'- some peoples ears are so full of fluff they can only hear themselves. keep doing what you do lovely, most of us love listening to it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. I don't really mind any more but I was upset for a few days. Don't know what I was expecting, I am a dickhead really to be surprised!

      Delete
  12. Wowsers what a busy week you've had Sarah - quite fun filled yet frantic! Go you being published, having your name in print just automatically gives the public the right to bag you out, I can't remember how many abusive calls, emails, letters to the editors I've had in the past 10 years - I reckon it's great, better to have a reaction than nothing, means you've hit a nerve, made a point!
    Who won the trivia night??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We came last by A LONG WAY! Too much chatty chat.

      Delete
  13. hello! Congrats on having your story on Mamamia! I love your writing style. It's exciting to be published and well done not reading the comments. What's the point if they are upsetting? I look forward to our next trivia night/drinks affair xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! No reading negativity! I look forward to our next shindig too x

      Delete
  14. I tried to read the comments and just got bored with them.
    I am sorry that your little man crashed your me time...I live for my me time and know how frustrated I get when I my me plan time gets foiled...although they are so sweet and baby like when they are sick. I hope that he is on the mend.
    And I look forward to returning to trivia night and showing all those twenty somethings that we DO know something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is much better, but of course I am selfishly enraged to have lost that precious time to myself. SELFISH! Yes we should actually go to trivia again, it was fun!

      Delete
  15. So excited you wrere published. Have fun at any pro blogger catchups you have. I will be at home studying for our next trivia night x

    ReplyDelete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...