Thursday, April 11, 2013

The garden - theatre of the mind.

I haven't done a garden post for a bit.

A blog is a funny thing. I could choose to show you these pics of our little garden...

Rosy red geranium. Hello cheery little friend.


Banksia, man.

May Gibbs eat your heart out. 


As above. Australiana nostalgia. DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU SICK WITH ENVY??



We have a lovely herb garden. DOESN'T EVERYONE? NO? Just us then. We are so good.

Lavender. Yes we grow it VERY SUCCESSFULLY!

Baby punkin. You know, to feed the kids. They LOVE PUMPKIN AND ALL FORMS OF VEGETABLE ESPECIALLY ZUCCHINI AND ALL GREENS.


When two basils go to war...I LOVE FRESH HERBS DON'T YOU?


OR...I could show you these pics of the garden!


Shitting bloody fecking weeds RUINING THINGS FOR EVERYBODY!


Lone dead agapanthus. Begging for dead heading. 

Random bits of rubbish. And weeds.

Weeds. I hate you you little bastards.

Random weird fern growing up from under the house. Like maybe it's been there since the Jurassic period. Plus random dog that isn't ours. Plus weeds. And so forth.

This is what greets you when you come to our front door.  A big huge fancy expensive pot with - yes that's right - WEEDS IN IT!

Look at this crazy freak out of a plant! WHAT IS IT? IS IT A TRIFFID? I AM SCARED PEOPLE!!!


 You can decide what to believe about our garden. It's all theatre of the MIND, baby!

See youse!

16 comments:

  1. Your garden is terrifying - triffids and banksia men?! Rectify this before I visit. I do not wish to be blinded or eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! On a positive note if you visit we may have some home grown vegetables to eat. Mainly pumpkin. Ok, only pumpkin. But still!!

      Delete
    2. The rain made my baby pumpkins die, so for sustenance I must eat yours.

      Delete
    3. Lets not count our punkins before they ripen, the rain may yet kill these babies too. Fingers crossed they survive. Then, punkin soup for all! Except you. No soup for you! Haha. Kidding. You can have soup too.

      Delete
  2. We ripped out everything and despite my pleas to concrete the shit outta the entire yard, we just spread mulch and agapanthus and called it a day.

    I freaking hate gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watching Gardening Australia and I like plants. But it turns out the actual mother loving gardening is bloody hard work! And I am lazy! Sigh.

      Delete
  3. My garden is like a wilderness. But I will be hunting down a gardener soon, then I will lie back and take all the credit. Isn't that what ALL proper garden lovers do? I love the idea of a lovely garden, but my lily-white paws are not getting all calloused up for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An excellent notion Sulky! I hope you are going to make him do shitloads of topiary and other complex gardening creations!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a gardener at all, so your garden actually looks pretty good to me. Jamie Drury, eat your heart out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parts are excellent, parts are dead set awful!!! It's so hard to keep up Ness!!

      Delete
  5. We have weed pots too!
    They are a feature in my garden...I think the pots help them to stand out amongst all the other weeds.

    How do you get your basil to grow like that?
    Mine looks like a twig with two basil leaves on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ask me about the basil I'm as surprised as the next man that it is surviving especially with all the rain, I was sure it would rot! Crazy!

      Delete
  6. I have weed pots and empty pots and places in the garden where I've emptied the pots and the cats use as a giant toilet .... Yep, my garden is THE place to be right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes our yard is a cat toilet too Sarah! URGHHHHHH....

      Delete
  7. I do like a flowering gum ...though that succulent whoa!!!

    As I always say Im not much of a gardener but someone has to be the non participating admirer.

    Any cooler up your way???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is much cooler smr, but we are supposed to be getting 30 degrees on Monday AGAIN! What is going ON!?

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...