I am reporting a really bloody sick baby, a toddler with a black eye, constant rain and an AWOL cleaning lady. This has resulted in dangerously high levels of unwashed laundry, dangerously low levels of sleep and a correspondingly low level of engagement with the outside world, rendering the Slapdash Report even more inaccurate and dangerously anecdotal than ever before.
|Your trusty reporter snuggling said sick baby.|
|There's casualties left, right and centre, citizens.|
For my previous reports go here.
Anyway. I promised to deliver every Friday so here it is. Nobody can say I'm unreliable. The news waits for no stressed out mummy.
- Australian swimming team have been taking Stillnox and exhibiting dodgy behaviour. Drugs in sport, eh? How novel. Tut tut.
- The Greens party have got the huff with the Labour government in a big way over the mining tax not bringing in as much dough as they promised. So the Greens won't sit with Labour at Little Lunch any more and are hanging out in the school library. Or something.
- Gillard is cross with the states about how they spend their health budgets. So she's threatening to cut off their pocket money. But this is deadset NOT blame shifting. Nope. Not at all.
- Everyone watches My Kitchen Rules except me. So out of touch.
- Something something blah blah leadership debate Labour party Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd.
Can't be bothered thinking of anything else.
Today started off ok when I dragged the sick baby out with me to P's new dancing lessons but has progressively degenerated. I woke up this morning and said "I'm thinking of going a month without sugar!", and by the end of the day I'd had a trip to the doctor, the pharmacist, watched the baby vomit up his whole dinner plus a whole tummy full of snotty mucus and then try and eat it again like a dog, and I'd eaten a whole packet of these little bastards.
|Red frogs, for the uneducated amongst you.|
Exhausting to the max.
I'm in the freaking trenches over here people and it ain't pretty. It's like an episode of MASH but without the comic relief of Radar's teddy bear and Klinger's frocks. Just helicopters full of dead soldiers.
OK maybe not that bad. But still bad.
Over and out.